Friday, October 22, 2010

PREGNANT FOR LIFE

Went to the doctor today with high hopes of setting a date for the c section only to be disappointed to hear that she wants me to be pregnant for the rest of my life.

She won't take them out until 39 weeks - Nov. 10th - which at this point feels like a lifetime away.

Went to the hospital for a non-stress test after my appointment and the nurse there told me that was just plain mean to make me wait that long. Can't say I disagree.

In the meantime, here is the cute nursery! All ready for the boys to make their arrival. (Thanks to Emily for the adorable name signs!!!)

Any tips that have worked for you in getting babies out sooner?

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh Ali! You deserve a pedicure. You are such a trooper. Hang in there. In the mean time try a whopper from burger king after taking a dip in the pool. That's what sent me into labor the first time! I know, that's gross. But i was really craving a greasy burger! Anyways, you are already such a good momma giving those boys a warm and cozy place to hang out until the time is right. I'll be thinking about you.

Cami said...

Walk the curb. One foot up on the curb, and one foot in the gutter.

Jump on a trampoline.

Lara drank castor oil, and went into labor with her first with in 24 hours.

Good luck! I hope everything goes well for you and your boys.

Lindsey said...

Cruel and unusual punishment, I say! November 10th sounds ridiculously far away. My boys birthday is the 13th, though, and just thinking about getting a celebration in order makes it seem like the 13th is around the corner. So maybe plan something complicated that you "have" to get done by the tenth and it will be here before you know it...maybe;)
Walking and/or eating spicy food always sent me into big contractions. And I've heard the trampoline and castor oil tricks, too.
You can do it!:)

Juliann said...

What?? Nov 10th? Are you on a hidden camera show?? I mean, seriously!!

So ALLEGEDLY Frito Misto (in Santa Monica, on Colorado & 7th-ish) has a house salad that will put anxious women in labor, but it didn't work for me. I also hiked the Santa Monica stairs on my due date, but again, no luck. My friend Bev strapped on some ankle weights and marched up the Franklin Hill, which worked for her two times; you should definitely have Brian along for the ride in all these endeavoures!!

And you might as well have some fun with it--I love the idea of the trampoline. Haha- that would make for some GREAT pictures!!!