Thursday, October 14, 2010

THE CHINESE-SPEAKIN, BURRITO-EATIN WHITE MAN

Someone at Brian's office referred to him as the Chinese-speakin, burrito-eatin white man the other day and I can think of few nicknames I like more. Kind of a mouthful but I'm hoping it sticks.

So much pregnancy talk on here that Brian hasn't gotten much face time on the blog.

Here are some of the things that have been keeping Brian busy over the past few months:

GOLF CHAMPION:
Brian's friends play what they call the Sunrise Nine about twice a month. This is a very official golf group, they wake up before anyone should be up on a Saturday and have "tour stops," an official newsletter, and all their points add up so at the end of the tour there will be one winner. I just tried for about 15 minutes to find a better way to describe this group and how involved it is but I failed so I'll leave it at that.

I will say Brian has been on the winning team of 2 of the majors and just shot his best round of golf last week. Few things make this man happier than a good golf day.
SOFTBALL (ALMOST) CHAMPIONBrian's been playing softball on a city league for 5 years. The Albright team battled it out this year and in the championship series, went 1-1 before losing in the final game. So close.

It has been so fun watching him play over the years and I'm sad to say he's calling it quits for a while. I'm guessing he'll miss it soon and we'll end up at the batting cages pretty often. I could use the practice so that's fine by me.

SUPPORTIVE HUSBAND/FATHER-TO-BE

Of course, of all his activities this summer, he's been spending most of his time playing the role of loving husband and soon to be father. He has been to every single doctor's appointment (and believe me when I say there have been about a million). He's been so good to me - which is nothing new, but very appreciated - and does whatever he can to take care of the 3 of us. Love this guy!!!

1 comment:

laura said...

arent you the cutest pregnant mama ever?? i'm dying to see pics of these boys and hear how your labor goes! i'll be thinking of you!! xoxo