Thursday, October 14, 2010

BIG MAMA

I haven’t posted in a while in hopes that everyone would think I still looked only 21 weeks pregnant. Unfortunately, that is very much not the case. Here are some of my preggo pictures so you can see my growing belly and how it’s progressed.21 weeks

22.5 weeks (apparently feeling huge)

28 weeks - the only bare belly shot I'll make you witness

32 weeks

33.5 weeks - how fake does that look??

Rear view - 35 weeks

That takes you to today! 35 weeks, 1 day pregnant. The side shots didn't work out today so I'll get an updated side shot in the next couple days.

Here's the current status of babies & mama:

  • After threatening bed rest pretty much my entire pregnancy, the babies are now cozy as could be. I’m starting to think they will never come out and my doctor has even mentioned taking me to 38.5 wks. KILL ME.
  • Even though I’m ready to be done being this pregnant, I’m honestly incredibly grateful I’ve been able to carry them this long and feel blessed the pregnancy has gone so well.
  • Ultrasounds are now just a mess of arms and legs but they think the babies are about 5 ½ lbs and 6 lbs.
  • Baby A has turned head down after spending 35 weeks breeched and has now dropped. Perhaps this was after he heard if he didn’t flip that his birth would be “violent.” (see upcoming post, Dear Doctor)
  • My belly circumference is 46.5 inches. And that’s in the morning.
  • I can’t sit straight up with my legs together because my belly hits my legs. Have to sit spread eagle and let my belly hang in the middle. It’s very ladylike and as you can imagine, super attractive.
  • Sweatpants and gaucho pants are my new best friends.
  • Just to be cruel, LA decided to have record breaking heat and 2 weeks ago we hit an unheard of 115 degrees. Do I need to remind anyone that we do not have A/C?
  • Despite the heat and cankles and sweatpants and huge belly… I’ve been surprisingly active and able to get a lot done. I went for a long walk along the beach last weekend and saw a girl half my size waddling like a penguin and it made me feel pretty good about my big belly and ability to walk in a straight line.
  • The nursery is as ready as it can be right now and we’re just so excited to get these boys here!!!

Thank you all for your love and support and hopefully we’ll be able to post the birth from the hospital! So close!

4 comments:

Karene said...

The reason your tummy is so big is because there is no where else for the babies to grow! You're too small everywhere else so they go out. Us wide chicks are the ones who grow out and have to waddle, basically, you're rocking pregnancy!

You look wonderful and I'm so happy you are doing well! I can't wait to see the boys!!!

Lindsey said...

I can't tell you how much I laughed reading this. Not at your situation, but at the still-crystal-clear-memories. You seem to be holding out exceptionally well! Way to make it so far and no bedrest, to boot:) And I think your dr. is off his rocker on 38.5 weeks.

Jnuck said...

This pictures are awesome! Thanks so much posting. So excited for you!

Rachel said...

YOu don't even look pregnant from the back!! Those twins are growing straight out! Brett might have even said your belly looked really erect? Seriously, boys are silly! I love you and can't wait to see pictures and meet these boys! XOXO