Friday, October 30, 2009

WHERE DID SCABHEAD GO?

Typically on my way home from work, I slip into autopilot and either chat my way home (thanks Kate, E, Mom & Dad) or I sing my little heart out to make the drive pass by as quickly as possible. A couple times lately I've tried to get off the phone, turn off the radio, and see where my thoughts take me.

Random Thought #1: Where did Scabhead go?

Scabhead is a homeless man that used to walk the streets surrounding our apartment. He's bald on top with some hair around the sides and affectionately named for the ginormous scab on his head/forehead that never seemed to heal and was always in some state of bleeding. It looked kind of like this... but it's much bigger and he's not a baby.

I guess if you saw him on a dark night or in the back alley (both of which have happened to me) he's actually pretty scary, the perfect Halloween accessory. Even still, Brian and I were constantly on the look out and swapping happy texts about Scabhead sightings. As my random thoughts turn to him, I can't help but wonder where he's been. Did the scab finally heal and we just don't recognize him anymore? Did he move to New York to visit the Naked Cowboy? Or has he just found another block to explore? So this blog's for you, Scabhead, wherever you are, thanking you for the happiness and hoping you're well.

1 comment:

Mike and Kelly said...

Scabhead probably has a basal cell carcinoma. I would like to see him.