Monday, October 12, 2009

Mr. Incredible

Brian tackled the MS 150 mile Bay-to-Bay Bike Ride this weekend which to me makes him Mr. Incredible. Biking from Irvine to Carlsbad and then a loop inland for a total 100 miles the first day and then the remaining 50 miles from Carlsbad down to Mission Bay on day 2. It was amazing how many people were involved in the event and how many of them have someone very close to them who is or was suffering from MS.

It is also amazing that Brian is still walking.

Did I mention we woke up at 4:30am to get to the starting line in time. While I decided to attend, other girlfriends and wives of the riders decided they could support their men just as well from home. I'm just saying.
My involvement was limited to one heck of a massage, picture taking, and thanks to Brian's good suggestion, I volunteered and got to hand out snacks to all the bikers at the halfway point.Rest Stop #5 at Mile 52
Halfway there and still all smiles.Day one ended with a pile of mystery meat & a diet DP. And some BBQ sauce riiiight there. Despite my best efforts, Brian was too fast and I didn't even get to see him come across the finish line on day 2. I was frantically parking and running over there when he actually crossed so on our way out, he ducked under the rope and re-finished for me. What you see below are FAKE finish pictures taken over an hour after the race. You'd never know the difference right?
For all of those people who were disappointed that this post wasn't a picture of Brian in a Mr Incredible outfit... this one's for you.

2 comments:

AshleyBurnett said...

Congrats Brian!!! You are amazing. And Ali, you are a fantastic wife. Love you both to pieces.

Mark said...

Brian-you are my hero.
Ali-I love your commentary on your blog. It always makes me laugh.