Sunday, October 25, 2009

Go Air Force Beat the Cowboys!

In the past, Ali and I have divided blog responsibilities. I take the pictures and she writes the blogs (shhh….please don't tell her I got off easy). For this post though, I wanted to write a quick little something about the weekend I spent in Colorado.

For my dad's 60th birthday this year (it is now public information pops) all the boys pitched in and surprised him with season tickets to the Air Force Academy football games. When I was younger, my dad always had season tickets to these games and they provided so many great memories (I remember less of the football games but more of the pre-game flyovers, parachute jumpers and the post-game aluminum can collecting). This past weekend I flew back to Colorado and relived some of my childhood memories and went to an Air Force Academy football game with my dad. We even brought and sat on the same denim blanket we sat on 15 years ago. Air Force beat Wyoming 10-0 in a defensive battle. The flyovers and parachute jumpers were just as awesome as I remember. It was just like the old days, but this time I spared my dad from hauling home a giant garbage bag full of aluminum cans. I'm a proponent of recycling, but the stadium doesn't allow cans anymore. Thanks dad for all the memories and for such a fun weekend.

No comments: