Saturday, November 13, 2010

COMING HOME FROM HOSPITAL

We've been home for almost a week now and honestly the fact that we've survived so far has been a blessing. Two infants is serious business!!! Even though I feed them tandem and we've gotten rid of all supplemental feeding, I can't wake one up if they fall asleep during "mealtime," can't change a diaper with the other still feeding and can't sooth them both back to sleep at the same time. (Brian syringe feeding Brody - we call this the "birdfeeder" and the first week he'd have to do this every meal)

This means I need a helper at every shift, day or night. Most of the time I just wish I could do it on my own so I wouldn't be in such a panic about what I'll do when our help leaves. We do a mother in law for Mom swap this Tuesday. Literally the same trip that Brian will take to drop one off, he'll pick up the other and I have a friend coming over during that hour or 2 to help me while he's gone. With my mom here for 4 weeks, luckily we won't have to think about that for awhile.


Hard work aside, these boys couldn't be cuter and we can't help eating them up. Excited for a time when we will rejoin the real world and we can show them off some more.
Here are some pictures of the boys in their coming home outfits, on our way home from the hospital and a few we've taken since then.Beginning to realize how hard it is to take pictures when we're both always holding a baby!! No photographer to capture any of these moments!

This is what we call the dancer pictures. Don't they look like they're posing? "Hey - look what I can do!"
Mason likes to cover his face with his hat and always has his hands up above his head. He'd reach up and grab that flap on his hat and pull it down over his face every chance he got.
Brody likes to wiggle out of his hats so he keeps scooting his head down until it starts to pop off the top.

10 comments:

Shadow - JingQin said...

taking care two babies at the same time is really BUSY for you!! i'm lucky that my parents live so close to me. so they can help me almost every time i need them! i wish i could see your lovely babies! congraduations!! hey i'd love to send you "feeding bottles" from taiwan. because one of my friends works at the company which sells bottles! just let me know which bottles you're using (glass or PP). Good luck to you and Brian.

Lindsi Din said...

You have some gorgeous babies!! I'm sure you will get the hang of things - give yourself some more time. Can't wait to hold your babies!! =)

The Neilson Family said...

We are so glad you are surviving! I am sure your Mom can't wait to come help. Glad to see some pictures!!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Oooooh, they are PERFECT! You guys are incredible parents -- seriously. You are in uncharted territory (for so many people) and doing such amazing things! I can't wait to see these little sweethearts in person and get to know their fun little personalities!

Angie Fellows said...

Those tiny little boys are so incredibly adorable! I have been thinking of you so much and I'm glad you are surviving. I'm sure the lack of sleep, and feelings of stress are overwhelming. I know you are already an incredible mother, it is always so hard and overwhelming to be a new mother- let alone a new mother of twins! I know things will get easier as you adjust and get in a routine. You are an amazingly strong and loving woman, wife and mother! I wish I lived closer so I could help! I'm so glad your wonderful mom is coming to help! I can't wait to see you around Christmas time! Love you!

Juliann said...

Darling!!! I am impressed (and happy) that you are even posting blogs! You go girl!...and keep those pictures coming! I am very jealous of Jaz who at least gets little peeks at them!!

Jennefer said...

Congratulations!! They are so adorable! I am barely surviving two when only one is an infant, so I can't imagine what it would be like with two newborns. You guys are amazing! Can't wait to meet them one day!

Abigail said...

They are such sweeties!! I loved holding little Brody and we couldn't be happier for you!!

Laurel said...

so precious Ali! I applaud you! I don't know how you are managing, but I'm so impressed already. You're going to be the best Mama ever. Those little boys are going to love their life! Call me if you EVER need ANYTHING!!!

Mike and Kelly said...

Those guys are soooo, cute. We can't wait to see them and you. You will have too many helpers then.