Tuesday, December 15, 2009

5k

Ok, so it’s no Ironman, or half marathon or even a 10k, but I completed the 5k Christmas Run this weekend in the pouring rain. Let me preface my results by saying that other than a miracle mile I ran at age 12 at 6:36, my miles have been sitting around 9:00 ever since.

Thanks to my Garmin watch and a recent conversion to early rising, I have been improving my time almost every time I go out. My goal was to ave
rage 8:15 minute miles, which would give me a total time of 25:35.

I am very happy to report that I
came in at 24:16, averaging 7:52/mile.

This put me 7/92 for my age categor
y, 37/463 females, and 141/787 overall.

Big happy face over here.

Krista and I were literally side by side the entire race - with the exact same strides as we came into the finish.

Here I am desperately trying to look tough & ready for the race. Where are the muscles that I am flexing? Oh right, I have none.Stretch it out.
Of course the second we took off our sweatshirts and put away the umbrellas to line up, the rain came on full force.
Here I am jumping to see Brian over the crowd at the start.
Coming into the finish line.
I think this is what death looks like.
Low five?

What a gross day!

What a cute supporter/photographer! Rain and all!

7 comments:

Angie Fellows said...

You go girl!!! You are one tough lady! And on top of completing the soggy and wet 5K with an amazing time- you have become an early riser?!? A-A-A-Mazing!!

Caroline said...

you look so good! love the pic of you jumping above the crowd. so cute.

Christine said...

You are awesome! I only wish I could run that fast! Way to go!

Sarah said...

I am seriously impressed! You and Krista are Fast. Yes, I said it, fast with a capital F.

Courtney said...

Congrats on such a great time! That's awesome!

Jenny said...

Way to go ALI! You are awesome! 24 minutes??! You are super fast. You'd totally kick my booty.

Mike and Kelly said...

You Rock the Dock! Way to go! I really am jealous. I haven't been able to run for a long time, and even then, not a 5k. Someday...someday.