Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Quick Work Story

I don't usually write about work on here, but I couldn't help but write a quick blog to say we won Pepsi. The advertising agency I work for is sometimes more demanding than others, but for the past 5 months we have been going nonstop so this pitch came at the end of a tired time. Blood (papercuts mainly), sweat (lots of it) and tears (luckily only a few), went into the pitch, not to mention lots of late nights. I went with the pitch team for the final presentation and it's the first trip I've been on as the only representative from New Business. I got to travel with the people in the company that I admire the most. It was incredible. Absolutely everything went wrong, but what I was so, so happy about was everything was fixed by the time the clients showed up, the meeting went flawlessly and we WON. Such a great feeling.Rob Schwartz, Carisa Bianchi, Lee Clow, me, Joe Shands

4 comments:

Christine said...

Congrats Ali! Gotta love it when hard work pays off...such a great feeling!

Karene said...

Congrats girl! That is so awesome! You are amazing as usual!

Dave and Anika said...

we found you guys and together even. so amongst this economic downturn the word on the street is that the new mecca of advertising and counting stuff is philadelphia. who knew? hmm...wait...that would fit you two perfectly and luckily there's a house right next door with only 2cuss words spray painted on the door. if i remember right your favorite color is blue and it just so happens that the graphiti guy knew that and used blue paint only. what do you think? when are you guys on your way out here?

Chris & Kristen said...

yessss! I have been trying to track you down. Now that I am in Primary I never see anyone! I wanted to ask you for you email address. Chris and I are throwing a small Christmas party and we want to invite you guys but I need your email so I can send you an evite.