Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm a Babcock!!!

I'm a Babcock!!! How awesome. And I have to say, alphabetically, (among other things I’m sure) Babcocks have their advantages. BAB is a much better location than SWE.

Other great things that have happened to me/us since I became a Babcock…

JUNE = HONEYMOON in Kauai, Hawaii and I swear Kauai is Hawaiian for relaxation. We spent time on all 4 coasts, saw the Napali Coast via catamaran, went snorkeling, hiking, kayaking, “beaching” & “pooling” and ate our weight in Tiger’s Blood shaved ice.

As you can see, it was more relaxing for some than others.


JULY = HOUSE. You get back from the hon
eymoon and you’re so relaxed and so glad all that wedding work is done. And then you realize you have all the post wedding stuff to deal with. Getting me fully moved in, setting up the new place, dealing with registries, and writing thank yous. So for better or worse – we spent most of July on our house. (We call it a house but don’t be confused – we definitely live in an apartment.) Not sure if you can even tell what it looks like from these photos but we’re happy with it.

AUGUST = FAMILY. Oh I love family. We were lucky enough to get to the spend time with some of both of our families.
We started off the month with a much anticipated trip to San Antonio to surprise Brian’s nieces and nephew. Do kids get any cuter than this??? If you said yes, you're a liar and you know it. We had so much fun with the whole family.
After we got back, Eric and Kate (my little brother and sister) came out from BYU to visit for a couple days. LUCKY FOR THEM, they came out on the day of my work summer party so we played arcade games on the Santa Monica Pier, rode the rides and won some prizes. Some of us were winners and some of us were losers. In case you're confused, Kate was NOT the winner. And I'm pretty sure she stole that dinky stuffed animal for the picture so she wouldn't have to stand there with nothing in hand. She also managed to get sticky cotton candy all over Eric's stuffed dog... jealous much???

SEPTEMBER = NEW YORK. Probably one of the most unfun things that’s happened since we got married is Brian left for a whole month for a work assignment in NYC. Somehow, he doesn't seem too sad in that picture. Don't be fooled, he missed me like crazy. While he was gone, my work got insanely busy and I was working until the wee hours of the morning most nights which is pretty much the definition of not fun. Not that it was all bad… I did meet Brian in Utah one weekend while he was doing a recruiting trip and we got to go to a BYU game. The weekend after that, I met him in NYC for some serious sightseeing, and we got to visit Dave & Anika Carlson & their new baby Charlie, which was Awesome with a capital A. We miss them!!! Here I am at Mary Poppins - doing the dew to avoid doing the drool after my red eye. Brian and Dave!! Together again. So cute. And a kiss for baby Charlie. The cute & mysterious blonde is Anika.

OCTOBER = too much fun. So much fun in fact that it'll have to wait for another post... Coming soon.

7 comments:

Christine said...

yay! I was wondering when you guys would get your butts in gear and combine your blog worlds! It's about time! :)

Michelle said...

I'm glad you guys have a working blog! I saw Aunt Jan a couple weeks ago and was asking about you guys. Glad to see everything is going great!

Mike and Kelly said...

We love hearing about your lives! We all miss you very much and can't wait to see you again!

Madison asks if you can come back tomorrow, Carter would like to play marbles with him, and Brooke wants to see if you can play a game with her????

Mike and Kelly said...

I should have proofread my post. Sorry about the improper English (it was my least favorite subject in school).

Kai Nielsen said...

Thanks for sending me your blog info! Katie and I enjoy keeping in touch with family and friends this way and it is always fun to see what people are up to. I wish I knew that you are in Santa Monica, Katie and I were there last weekend.

Kai & Katie

Lindsey said...

Call me a stalker...you'd be right. I found your combined blog and loved getting caught up on what you've been up to since I saw you in June. Great pictures, beautiful home, awesome people:) Happy Thanksgiving!
-Lindsey (Brian's cousin)

KS said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG!! Keep the updates coming! Just love you guys!